Kingdom Risk in Myanmar Part 2
Frances Eubanks and Kelly O’Neal will be going on a mission trip to Myanmar 2/27-3/14, working with a village of Internally Displaced People (IDP). In case you missed it, learn more and read Kelly's story HERE.
One of the priorities for the village is to have a clinic. Frances will be assessing the health needs of the village, evaluating what is currently available (nearby government clinic), and what they see as future needs. Her care will focus primarily on pregnant women, newborns, and children. With Kelly, Frances will lead a much-needed seminar for the village on hygiene and dehydration. She will conduct quick physicals and create medical records for eighty children in the three Surpassing Grace orphanages.
When asked in the recent adult class about how this is trip is a kingdom-advancing risk for her, Frances shared about her aversion to rice as a very tangible way this is an invitation to trust Christ for her provision (both spiritual and physical). Here is more of her story:
"What an amazing work of God I’ve witnessed in the generous donations for my trip to join Kelly O'Neal in Myanmar. When I sent out an email support letter to just a few TFC members, I viewed it as a fleece laid out to God; that I was willing to go, but only he could provide in such a short time. God made it clear that I was to start the process of going by providing the bulk of my airfare within a week!"
How you can pray for Frances:
- My tourist visa - it should come this week
- Safety as we travel separately
- Energy to overcome jet lag
- Wisdom in discerning medical needs of the village
- Fine tuning the curriculum for the education
- Good observational skills for the orphan physicals
- Medical equipment and supplies to leave at the orphanage (see Amazon Wishlist HERE)
- Dehydration packages to give to the village
- Visiting Cody and Mindy (Moser) Nitcher and Violet in Thailand; to be an encouragement
- For our families while we are away
If you would like to give, you can make your tax-deductible check payable to:
P.O. Box 550951
Dallas, Texas 75355
(Include Kelly O’Neal or Frances Eubanks in note)